059 – The Power of Choice; Know Your Love Languages
About This Episode
In this episode we respond to feedback from our listeners. First up is a thoughtful response to “Soldiering through our emotions” from Molly. Then, we dissect and discuss an article a listener linked us to. We round out the show with discussion of our Love Languages, and our Kaizen Moment takes a slightly different twist as we tell the other what to do for us this week. We also announce this week’s giveaway: a Baron Fig notebook!
- “She Divorced Me Because I Left Dishes by the Sink”
- The original article called “Where’s My Cut?: On Unpaid Emotional Labor.”
- Metafilter thread on Unpaid Emotional Labor, and the most excellent Unpaid Emotional Labor checklist (if you don’t read anything else, read this one and follow instructions!)
- This article called “35 Practical Steps Men Can Take to Support Feminism” is also excellent and goes hand in hand with the above. (Again, we are aware of the gender role generalizations going on here!)
- If you don’t think the above is an issue, there are plenty of works cited in this article, called “At work as at home, men reap the benefit of women’s ‘emotional labor.’”
- Leslie’s essay, “Do the Dishes.”
- Take this quiz to find your 5 Love Languages profile
- Glimmering – Our professional website
- Pixel & Tonic, makers of CraftCMS & Craft Commerce – where Leslie is the new Chief Customer Officer
- Baron Fig Confidant notebook – this week’s giveaway!
- Habitica – Gamify your life!
- Liam Neeson’s “Particular Set of Skills”