We are changing our lives in major ways in order to live life to the full. To start this process we’ve been following the book Essentialism, the Disciplined Pursuit of Doing Less as the context for the changes we’re making. In this episode, we give an update on how Laura’s daily Escape time has gone for both of us. We fight back against three soul-sucking thought habits: “I have to,” “It’s all important,” “I can do it all.” And Laura quits her job.
- Essentialism, the Disciplined Pursuit of Doing Less, by Greg McKeown.
- Culture Slash – the podcast by Trey and Mervyn.
- Free but not Cheap – an excellent article by Magda Pecsenye distinguishing between the jobs and the relationships of parenthood.
- Marriage Startup Episode 9 – Interview with Gail & Earl (Laura’s Parents)
- Chewie & Han by Chris Wahl. This was originally a t-shirt that is sadly out of print.
Support Glimmering Podcast